By Alan J. Amendola, DC of CT Back & Wellness
Did you know that low back pain is one of the most common complaints that presents to medical doctors?
Therefore, what can YOU do to help reduce incidences of low back pain ?
- Stretch regularly, and avoid static postures
- Increase Vitamin D intake and stay hydrated
- Avoid foods that are high in sugars
- Strengthen your core using abdominal bracing
HOW TO PERFORM AN ABDOMINAL BRACE
- Keep the inward curve in your lower back (avoid rounding your lower back)
- Breathe normally throughout
- Lift and squeeze your pelvic floor muscles
- Very gently contract or tense your abdominal wall (the area below your briefs).
- Try to keep your pelvic floor and lower abdominal muscles contracted together
- Relax your abdominal muscles after maintaining your abdominal contraction for 12 15 seconds at a time.
For further information about any services pertaining to Chiropractic, neck pain, back pain, sciatica, health & wellness, healthcare, feel free to contact Alan Amendola, DC at the office of CT Back & Wellness.